Everyone has experienced great sleep at some point in their life and wish they could achieve that kind of nirvana every night. Here is how to get the much desired deep sleep that beats any luxury in the world.
- Invest In a white noise machine or fan that will drown out the noises that disturb you. Studies have shown that white noise machines can help people stay asleep in noisy environments. It can block out any unnecessary noise such as that of dogs barking or people talking outside your window. White machines are available under most electronic brands and they could usually emit sound of nature such as waves, rain or completely random sounds with a rhythm that ensure you sleep like a baby.
- You may need a magnesium fix. Magnesium is associated with irritability and restlessness. It is most possible you have a deficiency especially if your body is prone to inflammation. Magnesium shortage is known to cause chronic inflammatory stress, and insomniacs often have chronic inflammatory stress. Usually a 100mg to 200 mg is prescribed.
- A hot bath half an hour before bed time could help ease your nerves and help you slip into deep sleep. A hot bath increases your skin temperature, which eventually decreases your core body temperature. Young children are often given a bath before sleep time for the very same reason.
- Ensure you put heavy curtains over you window to ensure light does not seep in. Our body is very instinctive and any flash of light and the circadian rhythm changes, and the brain gets confused about sleep routine.
- Have a warm, soothing drink. It could be a herbal drink or hot milk if you are not lactose intolerant. You could also try having some walnuts as they are a good source of tryptophan, a sleep-enhancing amino acid.