With another year gone past, here’s just another chance to up your game and benefit from renewing your promise of healthy habits. Adopt a new you for a Happier and Healthier self. What better way than ensuring a good night’s sleep for maximum effect.
Here are 5 pledges to make for better sleep in the New Year-
- I will stick to a Sleep routine : Going to bed and waking up at roughly the same time every day will help you set your body’s internal clock. If possible even on weekends try not to falter, if at all don’t make the gap too wide. Also don’t feel guilty about catching up on few extra hours on a Sunday. Sleep off any fatigue.
- I will keep all gadgets away from the bed: For the sake of health and carefree deep sleep it is very important to keep your gadgets away and wind down your thoughts regarding impending mails or messages etc. No late night calls, texting or watching series late into the night either as they will disrupt a deep sleep. Make it a ritual for a balanced way of life.
- I will get good support by way of investing in a good mattress/pillow: Getting the right mattress is very important to keep any body pains at bay and to relax you. Especially if you have any back pain, it is time to change your mattress. Go for a good quality mattress that is not too soft or too hard. Also get a good pillow that is not too high or flat and just right for head rest.
- I won’t drink alcohol right before Bedtime: Remember alcohol doesn’t aide in sleeping, infact disrupts the actual deep sleep required by the body. Try not consuming excessive alcohol especially right before bed time. It also dehydrates you and plays with the normal functioning of the body, making you restless as you wake up not feeling too good.
- I will have a winding up ritual that calms me: Keep atleast fifteen minutes if not half an hour for a prayer or meditation ritual that brings you peace after the goings-on of the day. You could also consider writing a diary and pouring your thoughts that will help you sleep without carrying them with you.