What to do with your old Mattress
- 15 May 2017
- By Alphonse Reddy
- 2 Comments
- Give it to a charitable home where they could still find use for it. It could even be for a dog shelter, where they can cut it and make couple of beds from just one. Why throw it when it can still come of use to some place.
- Give it to recycling centers such as Recycling Guru Collection Center, Trash out or Earth Center Recycle. Maybe turn it into a toddler’s bed. Also, it can be a good idea to convert it into a settee for your living room and with a thick cover, it can be used as extra sitting space.
- See if a mattress manufacturer will accept old mattresses or give you a discount in return for a new one. You could try a mom and pop custom-making mattress shop, where chances of them taking it will be higher than branded outlets.
- Use it to re-upholster furniture. You could use the material to re-upholster furniture, instead of procuring new material.
- Turn it into Garden trellis. If your mattress is too far gone for a couch, rip the comfort layers off the mattress and use it as a garden trellis for a climbing plant. The springs, especially a continuous wire mattress spring system, will provide the perfect trellis for a plant that grows thickly if given lots to hold on to.
- Make a couch for kids to play. If your Kids love to jump on couches, or just love to roll about, consider using your old foam mattresses as couch cushion. Using a flat board support make divans or use two mattresses and two boards to make a couch. The kids can wreck these as much as they like!
Looking for a new mattresses with the best mattress brand in India? Get in touch before you buy your next mattress.